hi

Expandir mensajes
  • harbouche mustapha
    Mensaje 1 de 13 , 1 may 2006
    Ver código fuente
    • 0 archivo adjunto
      hi where can i find some bilingual articles on line
      thanks .

      Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos services préférés : vérifiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualité en temps réel. Cliquez ici.
    • eucharistica2003
      Mensaje 2 de 13 , 2 may 2006
      Ver código fuente
      • 0 archivo adjunto
        Pedro Ignacio Errico escribió:

        ...tengo entendido que este lunes no es feriado en los Estados
        Unidos. ¿Es feriado en Inglaterra? En Argentina sí lo es.

        Tony responde:

        In England we have been affected by rapid cultural evolution in
        recent decades.

        The 1st of May has been a focus of celebration since time immemorial.
        Dancing round the Maypole and general gaiety, fun and frivolity have
        characterised events on this day especially among rural communities.
        England was once more noted for its picturesque villages and friendly
        towns rather than the over-populated and impersonal cities of
        colossal dimensions that we encounter today.
        It was once usual for every village to crown its "May Queen" at a
        festival attended by everyone. The lightness and fair weather of mid-
        spring naturally became a cause for rejoicing.
        In modern times - secularisation in society has led to days of
        leisure being called simply BANK HOLIDAYS. So the weekend just gone
        was THE SPRING BANK HOLIDAY and included the MAY DAY festival.
        The re-vamp of MAY DAY has been welcomed as sufficiently
        neutral/inclusive since it combines the Communist "Workers' Day", an
        appropriate Bank Holiday Monday and the liturgical feast of St.
        Joseph the Worker and thus "kills three birds" with "one stone", as
        we say.

        A pervasive politically correct mania for multiculturality, it is
        claimed, has eroded the traditional English identity so much so that
        a reaction is expected in next Thursday's local elections in favour
        of THE NATIONAL FRONT - a neo-fascist party - which claims to be the
        only one capable of standing up for the BRITISH way of life that we
        have known and loved!
        What has really become lost (across huge swathes of our society) is
        that authentic sense of NATIONAL CONSENSUS based on PERSONAL
        RESPONSIBILITY which has been largely cast away by an hysterical and
        misinforming media which, in abuse of its freedom, has reduced a once
        proud and cerebral population to hysterical robots programmed to
        superficiality.

        I can't believe I just said that! Still, someone had to say it -
        sentiments worthy of the Readers Digest!

        From
        Tony
        02.05.06.
      Tu mensaje se envió con éxito y se entregará al destinatario en breve.