      De: Sean Graham-White <teleprompter@...>
      Para: loconotes@yahoogroups.com; emd@yahoogroups.com; World-Diesel-Loco@yahoogroups.com; rrrosters@...; dieseldata@...
      Enviado: viernes, 3 de febrero de 2012 13:23
      Asunto: WDL EMD London is now shut down

      Dear Employee:

      Earlier today, we had the very unfortunate
      task of announcing the decision to cease production at Electro-Motive Canada’s
      London, Ontario facility. Our efforts – spanning about 9 months – to
      negotiate a competitive labor agreement with the Canadian Auto Workers
      union were not successful.

      As you know, we compete in a global marketplace
      where orders for locomotives are won or lost based on extremely competitive
      pricing and the ability to meet short turnaround times. All facilities
      within EMC, Electro-Motive Diesel and Progress Rail Services must achieve
      and maintain competitive costs, quality and operating flexibility to win
      in the global marketplace. The London plant, primarily because of an antiquated
      labor contract, faced serious competitive disadvantages.

      Even though EMC’s final offer addressed
      these competitive disadvantages, the union would not accept our offer.
       The gulf between the company and the union was simply too wide to
      resolve.  Market conditions made today’s regrettable decision unavoidable.

      We will now start the process of conducting
      an orderly closure of the London production operations, including the transfer
      of locomotive assembly operations to our competitive facilities in North
      and South America. We are confident these facilities will distinguish themselves
      to our customers in quality and service.

      We appreciate your hard work on behalf
      of our customers, and your commitment to see our company become the leader
      in the global rail industry. Over the past year, we have made large capital
      investments to position our company to achieve this goal. We know we can
      count on your help as we realign our operations and show our customers
      that we are the company they can trust for all of their rail equipment
      needs.

      Sincerely,

      Billy Ainsworth

      President and CEO