May 2017 RC Soaring Digest now on-line
The May 2017 issue of RC Soaring Digest is ready for downloading!
There are 15 articles and /or items of interest in this edition of RCSD. Here's a list of the major articles:
• F3K Team Fundraiser Clinic and Competition - Kevin "Rowdy" Botherway covers this event held at Levin, New Zealand, April 1-2, 2017.
• Australian International RC Glider Event - F5J, March 10 2017, and F3J, 11-12 March 2017, covered by Kevin "Rowdy" Botherway.
• Gordy's Travels - The Elegance of Contest Landings - Spot landings are often referred to as “dork” landings, or even “crash” landings. Here's another perspective.
• Gordy's Travels - Hey, F3RES'rs! Rubber Milk is back! - Protect your hi-start from deterioration with this product.
• The Darmstadt D-17 and "Chanute" Sailplane - Simine Short, co-editor of Bungee Cord, explores the history of the D-17 airframe, from its original design, construction and flying in Germany, through its extensive history in the United States, including its reconstruction as the "Chanute" and eventual destruction. Color 3-view courtesy of Martin Simons.
• Performance Increase Possibilities of Gliders - A reprint of the DG Flugzeugbau library web page. Covers boundary layer suction, winglets, and flaps, plus a section on measuring L/D.
Go to the RCSD web site <http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com> to download this issue (15.3 MB)!
The deadline for the June issue is May 15th.